Sunday, May 15, 2011

Thoughts on Flies

Flies are nasty little creatures...contrary to my previous post about being an entomologist, I don't really know that much about insects.  I do know, however, that flies are nasty little creatures.  I mean, really, they vomit all the time...geesh, you'd think they had a cure for that already!
 
Take some Pepto Bismol Flies!!  (no I am not an affiliate of Pepto Bismol)

Our house has recently been invaded by flies...ya, gross, I know.  You don't have to tell me.  Fortunately, they have kept to the windows and doors with windows.  I'm guessing that they see the outside and think they can get there, but alas there is glass in the way...it's a force field that keeps them from realizing their dreams of freedom to vomit on everything in the world.

In the last two days, all we've had to do is walk up to the window or door and casually fling a fly swatter and smoosh between three to nine flies.  Yes, I said up to 9 flies at one time.  It's ridiculously insane!  Really, what the hell did we bring into the house that had little baby flies on it?!  (I know that baby flies are actually maggots, but I can't really stand the thought of maggots, so I'd prefer just to say baby flies.)

I know that my knowledge of flies astounds you, but I promise that I am not an entomologist.  Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment